Is it possible to overcome the fear of rejection?

(NOTE: I just finished writing this, and I apologize in advance for how all-over the place this is, I just have a lot I need to get out)

Last night, pretty much the only person I can talk at all to about my problems (and I really can't talk to her about much of them, it's very surface level), and she basically made it clear last night, she doesn't really want anything more to do with me or my problems, and that if I want to continue being her friend, I have to transition and stop caring what other people think. The problem is, when I asked her how to stop caring about what other people think, she answered "just let their reactions go". When I asked how to let it all go, she responded "No one really knows". Ok, so how is this supposed to help? In other words, you basically have to have been born not caring what others think. I go online and look up to see if there's any help. Nope. I should have guessed. The internet is pretty much the most useless place in the world for mental health issues. Let me sum up for you the solution on every article on learning to be happy, not being depressed, getting over rejection, etc.: just don't be any of those things! Well, thanks, NOT. That's not helpful. I'm trying to learn how not to be those things, I already know I'm not supposed to be those things, you're not helping. Glad you got an ego boost from your article though. Today, I was looking up articles on what to do when you can't afford therapy or to transition (both of which there is next to nothing for, I guess everyone automatically assumes you can afford both, which is mind-numbingly frustrating). These two comments left by others best sum up the article I read from one of the biggest psychology websites in the world on what to do when you can't afford therapy (if you have the stomach to read the disgusting article, click here):

_____________________

It's no better looking up articles on other issues. So, is there a way to overcome the fear of rejection? I am literally about ready to kill myself because of how severe my dysphoria is but my family is so Christian conservative and is so vocal in their hatred of LGBT people, that I'm terrified. I mean, it literally petrifies me at times. I don't have anyone else. Sure, my family is horrible and abusive, but at least I have someone. If I were to start transitioning, I will literally have no one to fall back on. I literally don't know what to do. I'm so scared.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realization

How things are going

Redesign!