Songs at Church and How They're Helping Me

So, the last few weeks at my church, despite how terrible the church is in their LGBT-phobia and treating me as sub-human because I'm trans, has the BEST song selection for worship time I've ever heard, and I've been to quite a few churches. These last two weeks in particular have had a few songs that have really been sticking with me, here they are:


Your Love Oh Lord (by Third Day)

The lines that really stick out to me here is "Your righteousness is like a mighty mountain, your justice flows like the ocean tide." Wow. As someone who's been mistreated my entire life, whether from parental abuse or from being trans, that brings a lot of comfort. Knowing that God is righteous, all the time, meaning His plan is righteous, all the time. Now, it gets better: his justice flows like the ocean tide. His justice is ready, it's coming, in fact, it may already be here. Knowing that justice will be paid out against those who cause me to suffer is such a wonderful promise. Sure, it sucks that it's not happening right now, I hate that He's not punishing them in a visible way at the moment, but I know that it will happen. Their payment for causing me to suffer like this is coming.


Lifesong (by Casting Crowns)

Lyrics to the chorus:
Let my lifesong sing to you
Let my lifesong sing to you
I want to sign your name
To the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to you

As someone who is suicidal, "I want to sign your name to the end of this day knowing that my heart was true," is a powerful statement. Do I want to sign God's name to the end of this day or do I want to live in misery and without hope? Do I want my lifesong sing to God, or to despair?


There Will be a Day (Jeremy Camp)

The entire song. Wow. I truly can't wait for Heaven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Redesign!

How things are going

New site!!!