Do I Owe it to Others to NOT Transition?

So, I've been thinking this a lot lately, and the thought is, "do I owe it to others to NOT transition?" Here's my thought process on that: as Christians we are called to build one another up, not be stumbling blocks and help guide each other into a deeper connection with the Lord, and not harm the other. My transition would only deeply hurt others, in fact, in some cases, just the knowledge that I'm trans hurt others, especially my family. So, as a Christian, do I owe it to them to not transition to not deepen the hurt? There's nothing about transitioning that would be building others up, in fact it would be the opposite.

On the other hand, I do believe that not transitioning does hurt me physically and spiritually. So, I know what the response would be for those pro-trans, "if it's hurting you spiritually, do what's best," and I would agree, if it didn't cause more harm spiritually for more people. You see, it's a Catch-22. Am I obligated to keep my brothers and sisters in Christ strictly in mind at the expense of myself to keep unity within the family and not harm others? I really don't know and this won't get out of my mind, at all. I'm probably overthinking all of this. I just wish this all could be so much more clear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realization

How things are going

Redesign!