Recent Convictions

So, last Sunday my pastor preached a sermon that actually stuck with me  (normally I forget what he said the moment the last word is out). He was preaching on praying effectively. Basically, stop these weak little "Lord, if you'd be so kind, you know, if it's in your will..." prayers. Tell Him with boldness your requests, treat Him for what He is, creator of the universe! The only one who can do literally anything  (but sin)! That said, be sure to thank Him in everything, even for the bad stuff.

I took this sermon to heart, and tried it out. I directly told the Lord that I couldn't continue living depressed and suicidal anymore, and know what? He delivered me from them! Now, that said, I do feel the depression constantly trying to come back, and when it does, I pray, then thank God for whatever I can think of and/or sing praises to the Lord. Thank you God for convicting me of this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realization

How things are going

Redesign!