The Search


See, we've all got somethin' that we trapped inside
That we try to suffocate, you know, hopin' it dies
Try to hold it underwater but it always survives
Then it comes up out of nowhere like an evil surprise

For me, that "something" is gender dysphoria. I tried for years to deny that I was transgender. I did everything to convince myself that I wasn't, because I was scared (if you are or grew up in a Christian conservative home with dysphoria you understand). Then, a few months ago it became uncontrollable and became so overwhelming that I had to start coming out to people and decide to transition (haven't started transitioning yet, but will). All because I spent those few years suppressing it so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realization

How things are going

Redesign!